The features we build today will decide if our customers and users will be hooked to our product in the long-term. This online course is focused on one of the most difficult and critical skills that product managers should master: the art of prioritization and identifying which feature to build and which to push for later or simply drop from the roadmap.
We will first start by identifying the different level of product initiatives and the prioritization challenges associated to each level. Together we will discuss how to rank features by their impacts and added values using frameworks and techniques. Among the various frameworks, we will practice the opportunity solution tree, RICE and User Story Mapping frameworks in some concrete examples.
Mastering the art of prioritization and decision making will help you select more confidently the products and features to build and communicate your choice more assuredly to your team and your stakeholders.
Tanja Lau (Founder of Product Academy)
Nesrine Changuel, Senior PM at Google (ex-Spotify and Skype)
Where & When?
The next class is taking place on March 27, 2023 from 09.00 till 16.00 CET, including bio breaks and a 1h lunch break.
The course takes place remotely via zoom and includes case studies and interactive elements. Prematerials for the case study as well as prereading will be sared before the session.
Who is it for?
Product managers, product leaders (like Head of Product, CPOs) and other product people interested in getting more comfortable choosing among a long list of features and products to build.
- How to prioritize features by value and expected impact
- How to categorise Product initiatives to select the right prioritization framework
- How to craft an Opportunity Solution Tree
- When and how to best use the (R)ICE model
- How to manage your backlog
- How to confidently communicate prioritized list with your team and stakeholders
This workshop will be held in English.
All participants are going to receive a Product Academy Certificate for attending this course.
- Regular Ticket: CHF 690 (excl. 7.7% VAT)
- Special Anniversary Price (only valid on February 27, 2023): CHF 520 (excl. 7.7% VAT)