This workshop will show how much impact a product manager has on the motivation of the team. We cover the core principles of motivation and leadership, which will be used as a guideline on what a product manager can do to keep their team from getting demotivated. We help you recognize a demotivated team member and provide steps to take in order to get your team back on track.
Learn about the top 5 things the product manager needs to take care of to fully motivate your design and engineering colleagues. Boris will introduce a framework that helps you make a habit out of doing the right things to keep motivation high. If you only act when people are already demotivated, you are too late.
Who is it for?
Product managers or team leads who understand that a motivated team is not only happier but also a better performing team.
People who feel their team is demotivated, and want to see their colleagues in good shape again. Even when you have the right intentions, you might be doing things that are unknowingly demotivating your team.
- Product managers have a big impact on team motivation
- Be aware of how to recognize demotivated people.
- Differentiate if people are demotivated due to the product manager, or due to overall company environment (on which you might have no impact)
- Right intentions are not enough, you have to do the right job as well.
- Keeping the team motivated must be a habit.
What we will achieve
- We will walk through the top 5 things a product manager must do to maintain motivation.
- We establish a step-by-step process on how to create a motivating environment.
- Learn how to differentiate between demotivation due to the product manager, or due to the company environment
- Identify situations where the product manager is unknowingly demotivating the team.
- We will cover a framework that gives you the core principles of motivation and leadership.
- We analyze situations on how the team motivation is being affected and what should be done differently.
- We analyze situations where the right intentions might unknowingly have a negative impact on motivation.
- We run through your personal experiences of when either you or a team member was demotivated and make a plan on what to do differently.
Individual Follow-up Coaching Option
To maximize the value of this course for your organization, we offer an additional follow-up coaching (60 minutes, remote) just for you or your team a couple of weeks after the course. That way, you get to ask all the questions that might have popped up once you tried implementing what you learned in this course. We are going to contact you to set the specific date for your individual follow-up.
The follow-up coaching is available for CHF 350 and includes 30 minutes of preparation for your specific questions or documents (sent upfront) and 60 minutes of remote coaching via video call for you or your entire product team.
You can book the Follow-up Coaching Option in our booking form before proceeding to the checkout.
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
Early-Bird Ticket (by April 30, 2020): CHF 290
Regular Ticket: CHF 390
For team discounts and in-house options, feel free to get in touch.
The workshop includes a coffee break with snacks.
Product Coach at WATTx (Berlin)
Boris is a product and people person. He has a passion for coaching because he believes experience should be shared and avoidable mistakes prevented. After founding the IoT company Snuk, Boris moved on to coaching product managers and co-founders at WATTx, a Berlin-based company builder. He has set up various product teams from scratch; conceptualizing the idea, hiring the team and setting up the processes to deliver a great product. His background in electrical engineering enables him to manage products of various tech stacks and markets; Internet of Things, e-commerce, mobile apps, etc. Boris puts a lot of attention to communication, and how it can impact people collaborating more effectively and with less anxiety.