Many studies (and maybe also your own experience) have shown executing product strategy is difficult and the reasons are multifaceted. Some of the most frequently named reasons are: a missing link between tactical operations with strategic objectives; no clear direction/goals; poor measures of success; & getting everyone on the same page. And these problems will be accelerated when acting in an environment of permanent change with high uncertainty, where disruption is the modus operandi. As product leaders, this is precisely where we need ways to overcome these problems in order to successfully develop products that create customer and business value.
The training is designed to help you master the common problems of executing product strategy. Among other things, you will learn why de-risking your strategy is important & how to do it; how to use OKRs as a goal-setting methodology to define outcome-driven goals that are measurable; & how to link the tactical work with the goals you want to achieve in a meaningful way so that common sense about the strategic direction exist.
The training will explain principles as well as the usage of different methods. For this purpose, you will do several exercises throughout the day so that you can apply your newly acquired knowledge directly in your day-to-day work.
Who is it for?
Everyone who is actively involved in defining and executing product strategy as well as strategic goals and wants to take their skills to the next level.
- Why de-risking is highly important when you deal with uncertainty
- How to structure your strategic goals in such a way that uncertainty is factored in
- Understand how Objectives & Key-Results can help you achieve your product strategy
- How to define Objectives & Key-Results in a meaningful way
- Why & how to prioritize your tactics so that you increase the probability to achieve your strategic goals
- How to build a structure that links the tactical work with your goals so that you create transparency & accountability
What we will achieve
- A clear & holistic view of how you can execute your product strategy, especially when uncertainty is high
- Concrete take-aways & practical knowledge about the execution of your product strategy that can be applied directly
- De-risk your strategy by mapping out your underlying assumptions
- Create meaningful Objectives & Key-Results
- Define & prioritize tactics that increase the probability to achieve your strategic goals
- Adapt basic principles of transparency & accountability to your own business environment
Individual Follow-up Coaching Option
To maximize the value of this course for your organization, we offer an additional follow-up coaching (60 minutes, remote) just for you or your team a couple of weeks after the course. That way, you get to ask all the questions that might have popped up once you tried implementing what you learned in this course. We are going to contact you to set the specific date for your individual follow-up.
The follow-up coaching is available for CHF 350 and includes 30 minutes of preparation for your specific questions or documents (sent upfront) and 60 minutes of remote coaching via video call for you or your entire product team.
You can book the Follow-up Coaching Option in our booking form before proceeding to the checkout.
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
For team discounts and in-house options, feel free to get in touch.
As soon as there’s one participant enrolled who is not speaking German, the entire workshop will be held in English. All the slides and materials are in English anyway.
There will be a 60-minute lunch break with sandwiches and coffee breaks. Water and syrup will be provided throughout the course.
Senior Product Manager at Zalando (Berlin)
Philipp is a passionate Product Manager by profession with a strong product sense and a penchant for human-centered product development. Currently, he is working as Senior Product Manager at Zalando SE, where he drives new product development starting from product discovery to implementation and scaling. Prior to Zalando, Philipp worked as Product Manager for Lovoo, responsible for monetization, and Opera Mediaworks, responsible for the development of innovative advertising formats. Philipp holds a Master`s degree in Business Informatics, which helps him to understand technology capabilities, market and user needs to envision digital solutions at scale.