Building products by using agile principles is an effective way to grow a business.
There’s no shortage of frameworks helping us to structure our development processes this way. But all too often, we tend to focus on merely producing more output (aka features) more quickly without considering the actual impact our products need to have in our user’s behavior. Yet we know that clarifying the higher reasoning behind our efforts is one of the most powerful ways to ensure that we build what truly matters.
Therefore, we need an agile goal setting system like Objectives and Key Results (OKR) which not only helps product teams to focus on outcome over output but which also enables true autonomy for them to build the best solutions.
Who is it for?
- Product Managers, Scrum Masters or Agile Coaches who need to solve challenges between OKR and product processes after a company wide OKR implementation.
- Set of tools and templates to use with your teams in order to make OKR more effective
- Frequent questions and pitfalls when implementing OKR
- Tips on how to achieve higher quality OKR
- Tips on how to make everyone think about their OKRs and make it a habit to consider them when prioritizing work.
- What roles come into play when defining, driving and delivering team OKRs
What we will achieve
- Learning about proven tactics from our own first-hand experiences.
- Be aware of the main risks and issues when adopting and trying to implement OKR
- Understand where and how to improve the way your teams are using OKR
- Understand some of the ways to make OKR work with other agile frameworks
- Understand key issues that can appear when adopting OKRs
- Refining your existing OKRs
Individual Follow-up Coaching Option
To maximize the value of this course for your organization, we offer an additional follow-up coaching (60 minutes, remote) just for you or your team a couple of weeks after the course. That way, you get to ask all the questions that might have popped up once you tried implementing what you learned in this course. We are going to contact you to set the specific date for your individual follow-up.
The follow-up coaching is available for CHF 350 and includes 30 minutes of preparation for your specific questions or documents (sent upfront) and 60 minutes of remote coaching via video call for you or your entire product team.
You can book the Follow-up Coaching Option in our booking form before proceeding to the checkout.
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
For team discounts and in-house options, feel free to get in touch.
As soon as there’s one participant enrolled who is not speaking German, the entire workshop will be held in English. All the slides and materials are in English anyway.
There will be a 30 minute lunch break with sandwiches and coffee breaks. Water and syrup will be provided throughout the course.
Product Manager at trivago
Alex is a seasoned product manager with over 7 years experience, currently working at trivago on personalisation topics. He has worked on or built advertising products, online services, mobile apps and games and physical, educational and travel products. He’s also had the chance to experience working at companies with 2, 20, 200 and over 1000 employees, trying out various ways of working, frameworks and tools while working onsite, distributed or fully remote with cross-functional teams. He likes bowties and wishes everyone a “crazy day”.