Resistance from business stakeholders, disagreements with external agencies, conflicts among team members – Product Managers are often faced with situations where they need to negotiate on their own or on behalf of the user. This hands-on workshop is teaching you how to turn disputes into deals. Transform deals into better deals or resolve intractable problems. Negotiating effectively requires the ability to change the game – moving away from conflict and toward collaboration. This course will pay off not only at work, but in many other situations in life. Promise!
Who is it for?
Product managers, product leaders (like Head of Product, CPOs) and other product people interested in improving their negotiation skills.
- Don’t get mad. Don’t get even. Get what you want.
What we will achieve
- Acquire a systematic framework for understanding negotiation.
- Heighten your awareness of your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator.
- Learn how to effectively prepare for negotiations.
- Learn how to expand the size of the pie by creating value in negotiations.
- Gain problem-solving techniques for distributing value and strengthening relationships.
- Ascertain how to choose the right process to craft deals that last.
- Learn how to get past no.
- Several negotiation role plays and exercises.
- One-to-one and group exercises.
Individual Follow-up Coaching Option
To maximize the value of this course for your organization, we offer an additional follow-up coaching (60 minutes, remote) just for you or your team a couple of weeks after the course. That way, you get to ask all the questions that might have popped up once you tried implementing what you learned in this course. We are going to contact you to set the specific date for your individual follow-up.
The follow-up coaching is available for CHF 350 and includes 30 minutes of preparation for your specific questions or documents (sent upfront) and 60 minutes of remote coaching via video call for you or your entire product team.
You can book the Follow-up Coaching Option by selecting the ticket in addition to your regular workshop ticket before proceeding to the checkout.
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
For team discounts and in-house options, feel free to get in touch.
The workshop includes a coffee break with snacks.
As soon as there’s one participant enrolled who is not speaking German, the entire workshop will be held in English. All the slides and materials are in English anyway.
Founder of Product Academy (Bern)
Tanja is founder of the Product Academy as well as an experienced product leader and entrepreneur. She has helped build and scale several start-ups in Madrid, Munich and Zurich and enjoys coaching start-ups and product teams. She is also co-organizer of the Product Tanks in Zurich and Bern and leading the Swiss chapter of Women in Product.