Scrum, Kanban, XP… Agile methods have become quite popular in many companies. However, applying lean principles in practice is not always as straightforward as it might seem in theory. The agile toolbox also calls for a change in mindset and culture. This workshop will not only cover a range of agile practices and offer a deep-dive into relevant roles and processes that will help reduce waste and provide more value for your customers in faster iterations. It also shows potential pitfalls and best practices for product organizations at different stages of maturity.
Who is it for?
Product managers, product leaders (like Head of Product, CPOs) and other product people interested in how to set up and scale a lean product organization.
- principles of lean product development
- how to understand which roles you might need at which stage of your maturity
- how to combine product discovery and delivery in your daily work
- how to use a framework for outcome-based product roadmaps
- why culture matters so much
What we will achieve
- understanding different roles and practices in agile product development
- find out how you can contribute to creating value as product manager at different stages of maturity of your product organization
- learn how to set up a real build – measure – learn cycle
- talk about ways on how to move from output to outcome-oriented roadmaps
- discussing best practices on how to establish a learning organization
- heighten your awareness for dysfunctions of software development teams and pitfalls in product management
- checklist to find out whether you are trapped in a feature factory
- creating an example of an outcome-oriented roadmap
- analyzing your current role setup and discussing ideas on how to improve it
Individual Follow-up Coaching Option
To maximize the value of this course for your organization, we offer an additional follow-up coaching (60 minutes, remote) just for you or your team a couple of weeks after the course. That way, you get to ask all the questions that might have popped up once you tried implementing what you learned in this course. We are going to contact you to set the specific date for your individual follow-up.
The follow-up coaching is available for CHF 350 and includes 30 minutes of preparation for your specific questions or documents (sent upfront) and 60 minutes of remote coaching via video call for you or your entire product team.
You can book the Follow-up Coaching Option by selecting the ticket in addition to your regular workshop ticket before proceeding to the checkout.
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
For team discounts and in-house options, feel free to get in touch.
The workshop includes a coffee break with snacks.
As soon as there’s one participant enrolled who is not speaking German, the entire workshop will be held in English. All the slides and materials are in English anyway.
Founder of Product Academy (Bern)
Tanja is founder of the Product Academy as well as an experienced product leader and entrepreneur. She has helped build and scale several start-ups in Madrid, Munich and Zurich and enjoys coaching start-ups and product teams. She is also co-organizer of the Product Tanks in Zurich and Bern and leading the Swiss chapter of Women in Product.