Transform an anecdote into a story that will inspire your audience and lend you gravitas.
Storytelling is one of the most important skills a product manager can develop to inspire others. Effective storytelling appeals to the rational, social, and emotional decision-making in all of us, and can make the difference between achieving compliance and galvanizing your team to become champions for your product.
This workshop was created for product managers looking to increase their influence. It consists of two 2h-sessions which are rooted in experiential learning design, informed by academic research, and facilitated by change experts.
Who is it for?
Product Managers who want their stakeholders to be inspired, leading to more creative solutions, dedicated discretionary effort, and a team that truly cares about the success of the product.
- An exploration of the neuroscience of influence and how stories are an effective tool to inspire others.
- A deep understanding of the 4 super powers of an influential story: Pick one theme, Invite Curiosity, Engage Emotion, and Keep it Real.
- Exploration of story structure
- The 5Ps of effective storytelling delivery: Pitch, Pace, Presence, Projection, and Punch.
What We Will Achieve
- Experience an example of an influential story.
- Explore the science of influence and the super powers of an influential story.
- Apply the Super Powers of influential storytelling to personal stories.
- Dissect the elements of story structure as they relate to the Super Powers.
- Explore and experiment with story delivery techniques to amplify influence effectiveness.
- Receive actionable feedback on personal stories that can be applied immediately.
Where and when does the course take place?
We offer this workshop remotely via zoom. The workshop takes place in two parts of two hours:
- Part 1: August 25, 3.00 – 5.o0 p.m. CET
- Part 2: September 1, 3.00 – 5.00 p.m. CET
Throughout the workshop you will have multiple opportunities to work on one of your own stories. You will draft it, practice it, refine it, and receive feedback on it at least three times, with optional opportunities for additional feedback. You will walk out of the room with a story that is ready for you to use out in the world.
Individual Follow-up Story Coaching Option
To maximize the value of this course for you, we offer the option of 30-minute coaching sessions to further refine your story. Coaching is delivered via teleconference.
The follow-up coaching is available for CHF 150.
You can book the Follow-up Coaching Option via email.
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
Early-Bird Ticket (by July 15): CHF 390
Regular Ticket: CHF 490
For team discounts and in-house options, feel free to get in touch.
This workshop will be held in English.
Founder of Wolf & Heron in Colorado, US.