In order to create a product people love, start with the problem not with the solution. This can seem obvious but a lot of products fail because they don’t truly touch user problems and they don’t find product market fit. We have a tendency to rush to finding solutions without taking the time to truly understand what is the problem that we need to solve for our users.
In this workshop Alexandra will focus on how to get in-depth knowledge of the user and its problems. She will present a toolbox that helps gather user insights, navigate through multiple user information and synthesize the learnings effectively so that you can prioritize the main user problems to tackle. Alexandra will provide an overview of the steps to take and the data to gather in order to go from problem to vision and to execution into creating a successful product.
Who is it for?
- Product Managers, UX and all product people at all levels of the management hierarchy.
What We Will Achieve & Practise
- How to ask the right questions during the exploratory phase
- How to manage the multitude of user information and synthesize learnings
- How to prioritize the problems to solve first
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
This workshop includes a coffee break with snacks.
This workshop will be held in English.
Combine this workshop with another workshops by Alexandra and save CHF 50!
- Rapid Prototyping and Experimentation ( May 7, 13.00 – 16.30, same venue!)
Consultant Senior Product Manager at Pivotal Labs, Paris.