Often, product managers feel overwhelmed. Reviewing new designs, ideating new features, checking user data, and oh yes, talking to customers – a lot of things keep a product manager busy. In this workshop, we will handle go over the main things a product manager can delete to their colleagues (researcher, designer, tech lead, developer, etc). We also explain which things can not be delegated. If team members are not ready yet to take decisions without you, we give you advise on how to coach the product team into being able to take up these responsibilities.
Who is it for?
Product managers who feel overwhelmed. Those who feel like they are always in meetings, always telling people what to do, and get pulled into discussions five times a day.
Product managers who want to give more responsibility to their team members, so that they can use their mental energy into making sure what is being built will provide value.
- Product managers must not only prioritize the feature list, but also prioritize where they will spend most of their mental energy.
- Delegating tasks is a thing that should not be handled lightly.
- Only delegate when people are ready for it.
- Product team members can be coached so that they can take more decisions themselves and take up more responsibility.
What we will achieve
- Overview of what type of tasks can be delegated.
- Identify which people you can delegate what type of tasks to.
- Get a guideline on how to coach people so they can take up more responsibility.
- We walk through situations where the product manager is incorrectly being the bottleneck.
- We analyze situations where the product manager could be delegating.
- Identify who could take up a certain responsibility in mock situations.
- We will recognize what type of coaching a person needs for them to be able to take up a more product-related task.
Individual Follow-up Coaching Option
To maximize the value of this course for your organization, we offer an additional follow-up coaching (60 minutes, remote) just for you or your team a couple of weeks after the course. That way, you get to ask all the questions that might have popped up once you tried implementing what you learned in this course. We are going to contact you to set the specific date for your individual follow-up.
The follow-up coaching is available for CHF 350 and includes 30 minutes of preparation for your specific questions or documents (sent upfront) and 60 minutes of remote coaching via video call for you or your entire product team.
You can book the Follow-up Coaching Option in our booking form before proceeding to the checkout.
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
Early-Bird Ticket (by April 30, 2020): CHF 290
Regular Ticket: CHF 390
For team discounts and in-house options, feel free to get in touch.
The workshop includes a coffee break with snacks.
Product Coach at WATTx (Berlin)
Boris is a product and people person. He has a passion for coaching because he believes experience should be shared and avoidable mistakes prevented. After founding the IoT company Snuk, Boris moved on to coaching product managers and co-founders at WATTx, a Berlin-based company builder. He has set up various product teams from scratch; conceptualizing the idea, hiring the team and setting up the processes to deliver a great product. His background in electrical engineering enables him to manage products of various tech stacks and markets; Internet of Things, e-commerce, mobile apps, etc. Boris puts a lot of attention to communication, and how it can impact people collaborating more effectively and with less anxiety.